Friday, October 3, 2008

Mary's Adenotonsillectomy Surgery

Mary had to get her tonsils and adenoid removed. We were worried about Mary's snoring at night and pauses in breathing. We took her to the doctor and he recommended that we video her sleeping and take her to Primary Children's. We took her to the ENT at Primary Children's on Tuesday, and she had her surgery on Thursday. We weren't quite prepared for that but are hoping that it will help her sleep apnea.
Before...........

After..........
She is so miserable, if anyone has been through this and has any tips please let me know. I feel so bad for the poor little thing.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh poor mary! I have never heard of this type of Surgery. Wow, i am so sorry, but at least now she won't be snoring her whole life and she can SLEEP good!
Right?
Good Luck Mama, hang in there.

Angela said...

That's so sad. My sister Andrea's son just had his adenoid's removed last week. I'll ask her for any good idea's.

Ludvigson Family said...

I hope poor little Mary gets feeling better. I've heard all the pain, sleepless nights, and tough recovery is all worth it! Hang in there Mary. I'm sure more words of encouragment are needed for You and Matt. Hang in there guys. I wish we were closer to help out. We love you.

Tiffany said...

So sad! I have no advice, but give her extra squeezes and ice cream!

Sheraka said...

Lots and Lots of popsicles. I still remember getting mine out when I was in grade school. I remember the pain medication and popsicles. Hope she gets feeling better soon and you can get some sleep!

Fox Family said...

We are so glad that Matt could be home with you for Mary's surgery! We hope Mary has a speedy recovery!

pat parsons said...

Hi Mary, Grandma Pat hopes you feel better real soon. I sent you a surprise today. I hope you like it. Eat lots & lots of ice cone's Love, hugs & Kisses Grandma Pat