Monday, February 16, 2009

Play dough

We made some home-made play dough today. That is one of Mary's favorite things to do. She plays with it for hours, making "cookies", snakes, snowmen. just to name a few. What ever keeps her entertained. The recipe is on the bottom if anyone is interested.


No-Fail Kool-Aid Play Dough
2 & 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
2 pkg. unsweetened Kool-aid
3 Tbsp. oil
2 c. boiling water
Mix dry ingredients. Put oil in the center of dry mixture. Rapidly, stir in boiling water. It will be sticky at this stage. Set mixture aside until it is cool to touch. Knead well. It should be soft and smooth and not to sticky.
It is really easy and turns out great, Mary loves to make it. I store it in a zip-lock bag and it will last for quite a while.


3 comments:

Ludvigson Family said...

How fun! Mary is so creative. I bet she stays busy for hours with playdough! I loved her little snowmen people you posted a picture of earlier! We miss you guys soooo much. Too bad the weather was so stormy this weekend! We will have to see each other soon!

Dustan and Micayla said...

How cute...I will have to try it with Nevy...although she gets a little frustrated that she can't make what she is thinking...anyway, I will have to try it!

Joseph and Katie said...

What a darling family you have! I found your blog through DAve and Brooks. I love seeing my cousins and their families. I love the family pictures. Can I add you to my link list? Oops! I already did. ;) Take care. Lot's of Love. Katie